Christopher Messing has experience litigating matters in both state and federal courts in cases involving general tort liability, premises liability, property damage, first-party auto, and third-party auto. This representation has resulted in dispositive relief and favorable settlements for his clients. Chris prides himself on being personable and always making himself available to his clients.
Outside of his practice, Chris enjoys playing hockey and is a devoted fan of the Detroit Red Wings. You may also frequently find him in attendance at Detroit Lions home games. He likes to travel and is always open to trying new foods.
Areas of Practice
- No-Fault, First and Third Party Motor Vehicle Liability
- Premises Liability
- Property Damage
- Trial Practice
- Michigan State University College of Law
J.D., magna cum laude, 2014
- Oakland University
B.A., Spanish Language and Literature, cum laude, 2010
- State Bar of Michigan (2014)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (2015)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan (2016)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (2019)
- Harvey Kruse, P.C. (2014—present)
- Intern, Michigan Court of Appeals, Lansing, Michigan (Summer 2013)
- Compliance Intern, University of Michigan Health System (Summer 2012)
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel Association – member
Honors & Awards
- Jurisprudence Award in Advocacy – Michigan State University College of Law
- Jurisprudence Award in Constitutional Law II – Michigan State University College of Law
- Jurisprudence Award in Securities Regulation – Michigan State University College of Law
- In England v. Allstate Insurance Company, Mr. Messing obtained summary disposition in Wayne County Circuit Court a no-fault dispute on the basis of priority by successfully arguing that there was no insurance coverage.
- In Gusmano v. Brownie’s Muffler Service, et al. Christopher Messing obtained summary disposition in Macomb County Circuit Court and prevailed again at the Michigan Court of Appeals in a negligence suit wherein the plaintiff alleged negligent brake work resulting in a motor vehicle accident.