Meriam has always had a passion for oral advocacy. During law school, she served as the Executive Director of the Moot Court program and was selected to compete in a number of local and national moot court competitions. She is also experienced in the appellate process. After her first year at Detroit Mercy Law school, Ms. Choulagh interned for Justice Brian K. Zahra of the Supreme Court of Michigan. Upon graduating, she clerked for the Honorable Colleen A. O’Brien of the Michigan Court of Appeals.
Meriam joined Harvey Kruse in 2018 as an associate attorney concentrating her practice on first and third-party automobile insurance, and employment litigation. Meriam has also represented clients in general civil defense matters pertaining to commercial and tort litigation, including actions for breach of contract, construction defect, and product liability.
Meriam is a proud Chaldean-American. As a first-generation daughter of two Iraqi immigrants, Meriam recognized early on the importance of hard work, determination, and empathy. Her cultural background has also enabled her to become fluent in Arabic.
In her free time, Ms. Choulagh enjoys attending football games (Michigan), running, watching history documentaries, singing karaoke, and practicing her golf swing.
Areas of Practice
- Appellate Practice
- Employment Law
- First-Party and Third-Party Automobile Liability
- Construction Liability
- Product Liability
- Wayne State University
B.A., cum laude, 2013
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
J.D., cum laude, 2016
- State Bar of Michigan (2016)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (2019)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan (2019)
- Associate at Harvey Kruse, P.C. (2018—present)
- Michigan Court of Appeals Law Clerk (2016—2018)
- Judicial Intern with Justice Brian K. Zahra, Michigan Supreme Court (2014)
- Michigan Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Oakland County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Executive Director, Detroit Mercy Law Moot Court Board of Advocates (2015—2016)
- Student Attorney, Juvenile Appellate Clinic (2016)
- National Moot Court Team Member, National Veterans Law Moot Court Competition (2016)