Jason was a high school athlete. However, he hung up his spikes some time ago (other than his golf shoes) and turned his competitive nature to the practice of law. And on a personal note Jason is a husband and father of three and dog owner (and again an aspiring golfer and a Lions fan).
But returning to the legal profession, Jason has worked at Harvey Kruse, PC since law school and was made a partner in the Firm in 2011. Jason aggressively represents his clients in the courts with a single goal of obtaining the most favorable outcome and desired results for his clients. Through his tireless efforts and by putting his clients first Jason has been able to routinely achieve victories on motion practice, trials and on appeal. Recently, Jason was lead defense counsel for a trial in the Wayne County Circuit Court for a wrongful death case that lasted three weeks, resulting in a “no cause.”
Additionally, a significant part of Jason’s practice involves employment litigation where Jason has represented both employees and employers. Many of these cases have involved complex litigation, class actions and collective actions. Jason has proven his ability time and time again to successfully take heads-on such challenges for his clients.
If you’re looking for an aggressive law firm that listens to its clients, making their needs a priority, then call Jason and the lawyers at Harvey Kruse, PC (celebrating 50 years of excellence (1969 – 2019)).
Areas of Practice
- Civil litigation (personal injury, property damage, etc.)
- Employment litigation
- Class action
- Wayne State University B.A., 1999
- Wayne State University Law School (J.D., cum laude, law review, 2003)
- State Bar of Michigan (2003)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (2003)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan (2009)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (2007)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Michigan (2007)
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals (2013)
- Harvey Kruse, P.C. (2003-present)
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
Honors & Awards
- Michigan Super Lawyers – “Rising Star” 2014
Publications and Speeches
- “When a deal is not a deal? Law does not allow a person to waive rights to overtime pay,” article published in Dec 12, 2012 edition of Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- “No cause” in Wrongful Death trial; reported in Michigan Lawyers Weekly in 2014
- Various client presentations re: Michigan No-Fault Act
- 32nd Largest Settlement in Michigan Lawyers Weekly compilation of settlements in 2014 ($1.3 million) in a class and collective action for overtime before Chief Judge Gerald Rosen.