Michael has been married for eighteen years and has five children with whom he enjoys spending time. He enjoys biking, skiing, running, fly fishing, reading and watching movies. Michael earned his Eagle Scout through the Boy Scouts of America.
Michael began his legal career in Utah working in partnership with his father in a general law practice handling matters including contract, property/real estate, wills & trusts, family law, and general business transactions. He also worked as a guardian ad litem representing minors in family court.
Michael moved to New York where he worked at Coblence & Warne, which later became Hanly & Conroy and eventually Darger & Errante, LLP. While in New York his practice focused in the areas of mass tort litigation and product liability with a focus on asbestos litigation. He represented defendants in asbestos litigation both as national coordinating counsel and as New York local counsel. Michael moved to Michigan in 2002 and has continued his practice focus on asbestos litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Asbestos Litigation
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Product Liability
- University of Utah
- Gonzaga University School of Law
- State Bar of Michigan (2002)
- State Bar of New York (2002)
- District of Columbia (2001)
- State Bar of Utah (1995)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Eastern District of New York Federal Court
- Southern District of New York Federal Court
- Utah District Federal Court
- Associate at Harvey Kruse, P.C. (2008—present)
- Associate at Blake Kirchner Symonds Larson Kennedy & Smith, P.C. (2002—2008)
- Associate at Darger & Errante LLP (formerly Hanley & Conroy; formerly Coblence & Warner, New York, New York (2001—2002)
- Cummings & Cummings (1995—2001)
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society Board Member, Detroit Chapter