Travis Peterson is an associate in the firm’s Troy office, focusing his practice on insurance defense and civil litigation.
Travis joined Harvey Kruse in August 2021 and wasted no time showing his value to clients and fellow attorneys. He regularly represents insurance companies and their insureds in first-party no-fault and third-party automobile negligence claims and medical provider disputes. Throughout the litigation process, from discovery requests and depositions to motion practice and trial, he is committed to helping his clients succeed.
While attending law school at Notre Dame, Travis spent his summers clerking in the City of Detroit Law Department, where he drafted an analysis of Michigan’s automobile insurance reform that took effect July 2020. In addition to his classes, Travis honed his writing skills as the managing notes editor for the Notre Dame Journal of Legislation, interned with the Community Development Clinic, and participated in the Notre Dame Business Law Forum.
Areas of Practice
- No-Fault First-Party Automobile Liability
- Third-Party Automobile Liability
- Insurance Defense
- Commercial and Business Disputes
- Product Liability
- Employment Law
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2021
- University of Toledo, B.S. with College Honors, summa cum laude, 2017
- State Bar of Michigan (2021)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (2022)
- Harvey Kruse, P.C. Associate Attorney (2021—present)
- City of Detroit Law Department Law Clerk (Summer 2019, Summer 2020)
- Oakland County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan’s Insurance and Indemnity Law section
- State Bar of Michigan’s Negligence Law section
Awards & Honors
- Notre Dame Law School merit scholarship
- Notre Dame Journal of Legislation, Managing Notes Editor
- Student Attorney, Notre Dame Community Development Clinic